Friday, July 30, 2010

The Party Dress Book!!



The Party Dress Book is off to the printer!

I’ve finally put the finishing touches on the Party Dress Book and it's off to the printer (break out the veuve clicquot!)

It's my first book and  As many of you know, I've been working on this project for the past couple of years. It was tons of work to say the least.  the best part was I got to work with some great people, my editor Joy Aquilino was a real pleasure to work with. I wrote all about my creative inspiration tracing things back to the 50 onward.  I loved doing the research on different eras and sewing  techniques that I've used and redeveloped since starting to sew back in junior high school.

The book will be released on November 9th, 2010, and if you like ruffles, pin-tucks, bias, quilting and applique, check it out at amazon.com. And there’s an added bonus: a pattern for my signature party dress along with step-by-step instructions so that you can make one for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment